The Roots Mechanism:
Blow Kings Blowers Mechanical Vacuum Booster, import substitutes, are used in growing number of applications where fast pump down times are required, and environment or energy usage concerns, rule out any alternative pump selection.
Blow kings Blowers, Vacuum Booster enhance the performance, ultimate vacuum and pumping speed of oil-sealed / water-ring / dry vacuum type of mechanical pumps, which are widely used in the industry.
In this example a maximum pressure ratio of 25:1 is obtained at an outlet pressure of about 1 mbar.
The fall off in pressure ratio either side of the peak can be attributed to conductance effects and to back-leakage of a proportion of the pumped gases. This Vacuum Booster latter effect increases with increasing outlet pressure.
As a displacement machine and not a true compressor, the Roots mechanism is not suited to discharging to near atmospheric pressure ( i.e with significant differential pressure).
The low pressure ratio possible results in a large amount of work being done on the pumped gas, which leads to problems of overheating.
Vacuum Booster is possible to obtain operation at higher pressure by providing a pressure relief valve/hydrokinetic drive/Variable frequency drive such that a maximum pressure differential is not exceeded.
• High vacuum of the order of 0.001 Torr or better
• High pumping speeds at low pressures. Speed is boosted by 3 to 10 times or more
• Relatively lower power consumption for such performance boosting
• Considerable reduction in pump down time of vacuum machines
• Prevents oil back streaming from rotary pump
• Dry Pumping - Suitable for Gas / Vapour Loads.
• Boosts vacuum performance of existing plant & machinery